RYA Powerboat Level 2November 21, 2018
Course Phone: 0117 929 1153
- Proficiency in Designated Security Duties
March 19, 2019
8:30 am - 5:30 pm
The Proficiency in Designated Security Duties must be undertaken by seafarers engaged on ships which are required to comply with the provisions of the ISPS Code. This one day course is designed to give them the essential education and training required when they undertake designated security duties on board.
The aim of the course is
to ensure that delegates have the necessary knowledge of:
- why ship security is important and the roles and responsibilities of the organisations and individuals involved
- understanding what constitutes security risk, threat and vulnerability to the ship, its personnel, cargo and operations
- the capabilities and limitations of security methods, equipment and systems
- how to maintain the measures in a ship security plan and related requirements
- maintaining the effectiveness of security arrangements, procedures and equipment at the three security levels, taking into account their limitations.
Bristol Maritime Academy, Underfall Yard, Bristol, Bristol, City of, BS1 6XG, United Kingdom